How to Become a Novel Writer #FernandoLachica




How to Become a Novel Writer #FernandoLachica


Learning how to become a novel writer is a goal for aspiring novel writers. To understand how to become a novel writer, it is important to understand that it is a process of self discovery and depends on past experiences, present intentions, and future aspirations. Perhaps most importantly, it depends on your personality. If you are someone who likes to experience thrills, unravel mysteries and love the supernatural aspects of life, you may be the next Stephen King in making.

Likewise, if you are intrigued by the unlimited ways in which human relationships can be understood and portrayed, you may write great drama. While novel writing has a range of personalities, it is critical to match your personality to the most appropriate genre of writing. This will make your life a lot easier, and your writing will come more naturally.

First, identify yourself and understand what you want to discover through the art of writing novels. Next, try to understand the types of issues and themes you want to write about. Finally, learn the basics of the trade and hone your writing skills by learning and developing new techniques and approaches. As usual, it is easier said than done. Nevertheless, never lose hope and never give up. It may take a lot of failures before you learn how to write a novel, but rest assured that publication is well within your reach.

Read what famous authors and novel writers have to say about their experiences and the challenges they faced in the beginning phases of their careers. This will help you understand different styles and create a unique style of your own while helping you learn how to become a novel writer. Sometimes, a very interesting subject lying in front of your eyes escapes your attention. Repeated negligence of this nature can be disparaging and can prove fatal to your writing dreams.

Always be on the lookout for something interesting. Some concepts are so intricately woven into our daily lives that we simply overlook their existence. For instance, few people ever think about how or why the first computer fonts were created and why they have weird names such as "Times New Roman" or "Century Gothic." You may uncover some interesting facts if you start conducting research. Research is crucial to many bestselling novels, including "The Da Vinci Code" for example.

Completing the first draft is the toughest and the most satisfying part. When you begin to write a novel, you may only have a vague idea about the plot. New ideas and thoughts begin to enter your mind as the writing progresses. As such, it is good practice to revise your novel at least twice before you take it to the publishers. There are professional novel editors for hire who can help.






26 comments :

I love writing novels. I have some working in process novel chapters currently.
Nice to know that you are into writing novels. Keep it going...
This is a great article for an aspiring novelist. This is something I have long thought of doing, but it really needs to be the right time. I never really understood the time commitment involved until I became a regular blogger..
I have to agree. It takes a lot of not only imagination but also a lot of personality and experiences to produce a good novel. That is why I admire authors since their profession is not as easy as reading.
I signed up for Wattpad a couple of months back with intentions of writing a novel and getting feedback right off the bat. Totally forgot about it, I need to get that one going soon. Thanks for the helpful tips!
Never been into writing novels 'cause I don't think I can write in such a scale. The closest I've written are short stories. But maybe when the time comes, I'll try my hands on it. Anyhow, thanks for these helpful tips! I've actually been enjoying the novel you publish on your blog. Keep it up! :)
These are great and helpful tips for newbies like me. I've always wanted to write a novel. But it just keeps getting postponed. I should set it as my goal this year.
Amazing!~ I never try to write any novel.. Too long for me.. I prefer to write in short..
Elizabeth O. said... May 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM
This will be very helpful to aspiring writers. Great tips!
Writing novels can be very demoralizing when you get the writer's block too. Also when your articles and chapters are being corrected by publishers etc. Alot of determination needed!
I have always been fascinated with novels myself, and writing one is definitely on top of my list. This is a very helpful post for all writers who aspire to have his or her own book.
I've never thought about writing novels before but this is all good to know in the even that I do change my mind.
Oh wow!! I joined the writing challenge a few years back and gave up halfway, I could only make it to 8000 words. I love writing fiction, it's the best way to de-stress. I'm sure you feel the same way too!
I love to write but writing novels isnt for me ... but I love to read novels though. To write a novel, I think that one must have an extreme amount of patience ( endless if possible ). Writing a novel takes time and I agree that the one must also do tons of research to make the story more credible.
I have a former officemate who writes novel for pocketbooks. She even gave me a copy of guidelines in making novel.
I bow down to all writers. I believe they/we are highly intellectual people :-)
I wish I can write and publish a novel in my lifetime. I do not have a plot in mind though, so I hope that inspiration hits me soon. Congratulations on your award, and next it will be the Palanca already!
This is really helpful who loves to write and must say quite inspiring.
I always wanted to write a novel. I'm taking note of some of your twist.
Nice tips but I dare not write one. Very time consuming.. Perhaps if we can settle in a quiet place sa province. There I can focus more.
I shall watch out for your Novel then. :)
I've tried writing a few novels in the past but they all sucked so bad! Haha! I'm so glad I read this and I might actually give it a shot once more! :D
This is quite a comprehensive and yet simple guide. I'm writing a marriage/parenting book with a friend, at the current moment. Some of your tips are useful, thanks! ;)
Congrats!I am not sure am I qualify to be a novelist. My imagination are not so wild and my creativity not so high,
As a kid, I wanted to be an author... I forgot about that along the way and went into ads sales instead. Maybe your article is meant to remind me of my childhood fantasy 😉
it is my life-long dream to write my own novel. i joined NaNoWriMo a few years ago but was not able to finish a novel. hopefully, i get to realize it one day soon

Post a Comment

Cancel Reply

My personal blog about life, everything and anything in between.